This three-hour ‘Mental Health for Managers’ workshop is designed to educate your line managers about the benefits of taking a proactive approach to dealing with mental health in the workplace. It will motivate them to make positive changes to improve employee health and wellbeing.
Hour 1: Making the business case for mental health
There are three reasons successful businesses make mental health for managers and employees their top priority. In this first session you learn why by discovering the benefits of:
- Realising a return on investment of up to 8:1 by proactively raising awareness of mental health issues and enacting cultural change.
- Understanding their moral obligations and creating an ethical working environment.
- Knowing employees’ rights and employer responsibilities within the UK legal framework.
Managers will recognise the importance of taking a proactive approach to mental health in the workplace and how doing so can reduce absence and decrease presenteeism.
Hour 2: Changing attitudes and confronting stigma
Societal attitudes towards mental health have changed dramatically over the last decade. However, within many workplaces stigma and discrimination remains. In this session, managers will learn to recognise the thoughts and feelings that make up this stigma and the reasons these negative attitudes exist. They will then challenge negative beliefs in three ways, by:
- Exploring different meanings of ‘mental health’ and how the concept applies to us all
- Understanding mental health as a continuum from wellness to illness
- Appreciation of the biopsychosocial model as a modern approach to understanding the many factors which contribute towards mental health
After this session, managers will know how and why attitudes towards mental health are changing and will be empowered to change attitudes within your organisation.
Hour 3: Essential skills for dealing with signs and symptoms
In this session, managers are equipped with the necessary skills to deal with a variety of common mental health conditions appropriately in the workplace. They will learn to:
- Recognise and deal appropriately with the signs and symptoms of a variety of mental health conditions
- Follow a proven framework to make successful interventions with staff in need of help
- Put this framework into action using emotionally intelligent body language and listening skills
At the end of this session, managers will have a greater awareness and confidence of when and how to make appropriate interventions with their staff.
Praise for our Mental Health for Managers workshop
“One of the best run workshops I’ve ever attended.”
“Brilliant content which was fully relevant to me and my company.”
“I loved the activities. Keeps you engaged at all times.”